MA Social Sciences (2009) University of Chicago
BA Sociology/Anthropology (2005) Earlham College
Certificate in Grant-Writing (2012) DePaul University
Writing and Research Experience
University of Chicago (2012-Present)
- Identifies prospective donors to the University, using news alerts, predictive modeling, gift reports.
- Compiles financial and biographical profile of donors, using publicly available data.
- Specializes in international research, analyzes and writes briefings on international philanthropic and economic trends.
Graduate Student Researcher
University of Chicago Survey Lab (2009)
- Wrote and administered survey with research team on health care practices.
- Analyzed data from surveys, prepared report for stakeholders on results.
Oral History Intern
Museo de Morelos (2004)
- Conducted interviews in Spanish with women aged 18-50 in rural Mexico
- Transcribed and translated interviews.
- Prepared bilingual report for museum staff.
Field Museum (2008)
- Prepared report on potential partnerships between colleges and the museum, including benefits for female and minority student populations and increased access to scientific equipment and curricula.
- Compiled and assessed information on NASA and Field Museum curriculum for grant-writing project.
Non-Profit Programming Experience
Museum of Science and Industry (2010-2012)
- Oversaw the check in of up to 5,000 students daily at the field trip center.
- Supervised 24 staff members and volunteers during daily operations and events.
- Responded to daily email traffic regarding field trip reservations and events.
- Develops research project on field trip operations and guest satisfaction.
Morris Butler Museum (2009-Present)
- Developed and ran interactive program for museum guests, focusing on local history and the museum collection.
- Evaluated participants’ experiences with museum staff using written surveys.
- Fielded questions from museum staff, volunteers, and event participants.
Oriental Institute Museum (2008-2009)
- Conducted outreach events with the education staff, presented information about family events, educational programs, and volunteering at city events.
- Set up and facilitated educational programs at the museum.
- Evaluated new programs with based on participant surveys.
Languages: Spanish (high reading comprehension/conversation/writing)
Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Advance, atlas.ti